Here are some things that you should do to make sure your traveler has everything they need so that things can go off without a hitch.
- Confirm the date and time of your experience with the traveler.
- Tell them where to meet you. Make sure the meeting place is a specific, obvious place that will be easy for a visitor to find and not crowded with other people. Remember, it's your responsibility to make sure your guests find you easily and safely.
- Tell them what they need to wear and bring. Some common things are walking shoes, sunscreen, bottled water, metro card, and so forth.
- Confirm your itinerary and plans with your guests. This will align expectations so there are no surprises.
- Answer any questions they might have about recommendations in your city. More than just their guide, you are a friend to to them in a new city.
- Make sure you're prepared with the knowledge, navigation, education and any materials necessary to have a successful tour. If you're taking your guests to a venue or museum, make sure they are open.
- A couple of days before your experience, email your guests with the above information, even if you think they already have it.
Bring an awesome smile and a helpful attitude to the tour!